Thursday, July 30, 2015

7/31/15 Safe From The Pool Police?

    Today we finally got a "we're ok" from the city.  It started about a month ago.  Maybe longer.  We got a notice from the city while we were in Florida that something had to be done about our pool as it was green and probably a hot bed for mosquitos.  I probably ignored first letter because we had been so busy with selling other house and going on our vacation.  After we came back, there was a more stern letter, and it scared me, saying how they could fine us $2000 a day and even start the process to take property from us, wth!
    I fired up the pump, half expecting needing to buy a new one, but it worked just fine.  This pump and sand filter combos totally rock.  Within a few days the pool itself was clear of debris other than algae still making water light green.  A guy from the city had stopped by which I wrote about a week and a half ago.  He was pretty nice, just said start on it, see where you are next time I come.  By the time I called him this past Monday, he managed to get himself promoted, so he left a message to talk to the next person, I did, she was supposed to come by end of the week, but I believe she too might have been promoted.
    Today, we got a high energy guy, good thing pool was about perfect.  He was on our property about five minutes.  Looked at pool, said looks good to me, took a picture, and left.  I pumped bags and bags of shock, gallons of algaecide, and some other chemicals to kill pool "nasties".  Surprisingly, I think a bottle at HEB that claimed to kill multiple kinds of algae did the job.  Greenish color was just hanging around, but every time I poured this stuff in, wherever it hit, water immediately turned cloudy white.
    All that was left to do today was jump in and scrape away the "ring around the toilet" look.  I got a brush and jumped in scraping all around the water line, the steps and anywhere residual "green" was still visible.  It seems silly now that I kept ignoring it and letting it become an issue in the first place. 
    The only thing to do now is enjoy it for a couple months before it cools off.  Good thing summer just lingers here in Texas,  We could be swimming halfway into November, if the stars line up correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment