Wednesday, July 8, 2015

7/8/15 Testing Idea of A Maid/Housecleaner?

    Today, we started an experiment.  We will be trying a maid for a while.  One of our regular friends/Girlies was looking for a way to make some money on the side.  She asked me if she made some cards, would I pass them around to people I know, or maybe my neighbors.  I said no, but she could start with us, as Wife is always complaining that house is too big and we (men/boys) don't offer the help that we should.
    She basically cleaned the three bathrooms, there is a lot of work in there.  I told her I want the tubs and shower stalls to look like they do in magazine covers, she said we need to remove old caulk and put new one in.  This is one of those chores I don't think people learn enough about, but basically everyone should do.  She will have to give the showers another round next week.  Hopefully, if this becomes routine, our house will begin to sparkle.
    At this point, a lot of our stuff is still in boxes and thus the house looks like a mixture of we just moved in downstairs and we never moved even the dust upstairs.  We need help getting everything in order, hopefully an outside hand will help. 
    Wife is funny, she wants to clean before the "maid" gets a chance to do it.  I say, this is only supposed to make Wife's life easier, if she will let it.  I don't expect this set up to last too long, as this Girlie is a little on the flaky side.  She was going to come Friday and then Saturday, finally ended coming today.  There is always a good reason when they don't show up, whatever!!!
    If Wife becomes agreeable to the outside help, there are plenty of maid/housecleaner services in town, when we need to, we'll just make some calls.  Who knows?  Maybe this set-up works out, I hope as I don't trust strangers in my house. 
    For a time, my folks had maids, pretty sure they were illegals, but this was 30 years ago.  There was like a group of young gals, they came around once a week maybe, and did this and that, I remember thinking it was weird to have strangers cleaning our stuff, as a kid, but now I get it.  There are not enough hours in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment