Tuesday, July 14, 2015

7/14/15 Full Steam Ahead?

    It is mid July, maybe we took our vacation too early this summer.  Wife is working all week, even Boy managed to move some things around and he is working a full week.  Of course, I don't even get a break other than the week I took which now feels like a long time ago.  I have another week, but we are conditioned to save that to the end of the year, we could get sick between now and New Year's Day.
    We're just supposed to continue working like ants until Labor Day come September 1st or so?  I don't recall this bothering me so much in the past, most of the time I work through these little holidays.  Maybe we just spread ourselves too thin and I am having trouble coming back to normal.  I hate that weekends come and go and we don't even seem to have time to grill.  Will it take until the fall to finally catch up with our lives and feel free enough to have cookouts willy nilly?
    I am not generally negative, but I think it's this little cough that won't go away.  It is preventing me from doing what needs to get done outside, such as cleaning the hot tub, it is stopping me from moving the furniture upstairs like I have been wanting to do, I don't really want to work OT right now, and that is not me.  I usually chase a dollar bill.
    Perhaps it is the selling of the old house which is right around the corner, Wife wants to be sad about it, but everything about holding onto it cost us money.  I hated going over there and even doing the smallest task.  I'm sorry, I told Wife, we need to forge ahead, live in the now.  Moving back to it because of a little debt is not that different than moving back home with our parents.  One thing if either one of us had been laid off, but to be in the peak years of our earning and taking a step back in where we lived was something I could not do.  But the fact that we are getting some money from the sale might be a reason I cannot get motivated to work more than I normally do.
    It would be nice to take a day or two off before school starts and go somewhere.  We keep getting calls from our timeshare to go visit, they were offering us a couple nights in Galveston free, to go visit their location there.  That could be nice, plus we do know how to say no, when we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment