Monday, July 6, 2015

7/6/15 Middle Of Summer?

We are approaching the middle of Summer
I have to say, feeling a bit of a Bummer
We have yet to go out to the lake,
you know, sit out in the sun and really bake
What I find the oddest is that we have yet to go down to the coast
I just love sitting out on the beach, even if to you I mostly sound like I boast
We even have tickets to Schlitterbahn water park
I like to go swimming there for no fear of the shark
and this weather has been so nice
haven't thought of temps in the 100's even twice.
Lakes all full, got me thinking about getting my boat in the water
calling some friends up and even though my boat be small, I still be feeling like a big boat yachter.
It was April or May the last time we put some meat on the grill
I hate when time lapses because cooking outside gives me such a thrill.
I need to make some time take Chubs to learn the art of fishing
I don't want him to be the boy that grows up simply wishing
I want to be the kind of father
who doesn't think it is a bother
to show my boys things that are considered outside fun
even if it means getting loud with a gun
Who are we kidding?  Summer is for AC'ing
you know, stuff we do while the AC we be facing
Being outside sucks, we get all sweaty
maybe not you, but my ass is like a yeti
I'm all hair and heat and body odor
I'm sure you're lace and frills and nothing like an ogre.


No comments:

Post a Comment