Friday, July 24, 2015

7/25/15 What Did You Do?

    I've been called out.  I will admit that I have been dragging ass.  Barely doing the minimum work to be considered alive.  Part of this goes to the tool having issues outside our control.  It locks up, we have to reboot it a couple times a shift.  Part of this falls on the random and weird jobs we have had to do.  A lot of these newer samples require tremendous amounts of energy just to get to where to sample is.  I get antsy, I like to come in, grab a sample and immediately start seeing results.  Some of these samples require two-three days of work.
    Last night's work looks easy enough but samples have to be super deep, which is where I then get asked "why didn't you get more done?"  I am always honest.  I said I was dragging ass, not in any particular hurry, but I would get them done tonight.  Trouble is, I have been on top of these samples, they are just big and slow.  I don't know that I can rush them and risk destroying them.
    Ever since flipping over for vacation, I haven't felt right being at work.  I get sleepy and occasionally find myself napping in a chair.  I hate the feeling, but I also find it hard to do anything about it.  I've been trying to get more sleep at home, but as I mentioned yesterday, I have plenty of pans in the oven.  I can't just stop.  Add the family all home during the day, they don't mean to but they do wake me occasionally.  Wife wants to go eat lunch pretty much every day.  I do enjoy doing this, but it also eats tremendous amounts of times.  Even dinner is slowed down because I do my normal routine but then as I am leaving, the boys want conversations of "what are we doing tomorrow..."  it doesn't change, "I am working", but they have to ask.
    I'm not even upset about being asked "what did I do?"  There was a time, a few years ago I would have taken the sentence personally.  It would have ruined me for a few shifts, but I like to think I am more mature nowadays.  I must rally like a champ and get back to my level of quality workmanship.  I always say and believe that I am the tip of the spear, the reason this company is profitable.  Well now would be a good time to get off my ass and produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment