Sunday, July 5, 2015

7/5/15 Finally Rested?

    I know these are first world problems, but waah.  After the big push on the house at the start of June, working pretty non-stop since after Spring Break, and our twelve day Florida vacation, this weekend was pretty low key and it needed to be for the rest.
    Friday night was uneventful, we had no plans, Girlie wanted us to have lunch with her, so we met her around 3:00pm.  We ate Jason's Deli, which is next to her new job, then we went to Garden Ridge (At Home, new name), and Michael's, looking for some new picture frames for our art from Disney.  We did not have luck at Garden Ridge, but Michael's had some choices. 
    After our light shopping, we headed to the bank to cash a $300 check from the people buying our house (some sort of good faith gesture for taking our house off the market).  At this point, we could have headed home, but we were next to CVS and the Minute Clinic which Wife and my mom have been wanting me to see somebody for my cough.  We went in, luckily, there was only one person in line and I was in within ten minutes.
    She did all the usual checking, and concluded my O2 levels are too low.  Her conclusions, like Google, lean towards the safe (for them).  Either I have walking pneumonia, or a pulmonary embolism, which requires immediate ER care.  I would have felt OK with the diagnosis, but I've been walking around over a week with this, non-stop through the Disney Parks, feeling more or less OK during the day, coughing more aggressive at night.  I was sent to the Urgent Care down the street.  They told me, they could have the same conclusions and would end up charging me and sending me over there where they would charge me a third time.  I said ehh, let's see what x-ray says. 
    These Urgent Care facilities are great, usually empty, never the crowds of an ER room, I don't mind paying their co-pay, to keep the riff raff out.  Doctor recommended the x-ray and within 5-10 minutes he was in the room telling me it looked like bronchitis, he prescribed a serious of medicines and to come back if I'm not better in a week.
    I then had the perfect excuse to lay around the rest of the weekend, I am sick, doctor said so.  We were out so long, it was now dinnertime, and Wife mentioned Mandola's, which we both like a lot.  We went and had dinner there, and came home.  I was out within an hour, Wife had just settled in to watch Orange Is The New Black.
    Saturday was quite restful, only went out of the house for an hour, to buy candles at Bath and Bodyworks, and to Sam's for some sort of dessert to go with our brisquet.  We sat and watched about 9-10 episodes of OITNB, until about 3:00am.  This might not be resting like the doc suggested, but it's the best I can do.  I'm not going to lay in bed all day, although we just got up a while ago and we did sleep for probably twelve hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment