Saturday, July 11, 2015

7/11/15 Last Time To Our Old Stomping Ground?

    Yesterday was the last time for us to go see our old house, hopefully.  We still had items in the attic, and in the shed.  Those items had been there for over eight years so there was not going to be of value or need, but still it was our stuff and our responsibility to clear out.
    Boy was working so he was unavailable to help.  I knew I wasn't going to be going in as the tip of the spear in the attic, it is way too hot, and I am way too fat.  That is a stroke/heart attack waiting to happen.  Luckily, Girlie was off and is dating a super skinny guy who is trying to make a good impression on us.  She tells all her suitors that we are her aunt and uncle so the guys behave positively, usually, when they come over.  I felt a little bad sending him up there, just reaching up to the opening I could feel the heat like an oven, but he is young and healthy looking.  I spent many an hour up there ten years ago when I lived in the house.
    I rented a U-Haul, thinking there was going to be a lot of stuff up there, but in reality most of what we brought down was empty boxes which I tore down and threw in recycle bin.  There were some books and even a couple of bins full of Boy's toys when he was little.  I felt bad, but it all went in the trash. 
    The U-Haul was useful in bringing back home a lawn mower, a gym thing that holds a punching bag, assorted stuff from the shed, such as my dolly, and we called it a day.  We left some things behind, the new owners can try to salvage or they can throw away.  I felt bad about that, but everything was covered in spider webs, and Wife and Girlie kept screaming "black widow!!"  After awhile I got the hibbie jibbies too.
    The stuff came to the house, Boy got off work as we were bringing stuff in, saw my Inorganic Chemistry book and started flipping through the pages and quickly found $100 in five $20 bills.  I said "hey, that's my stuff, my money", but he declared finders keepers.  In the end he gave me $40, and I let him keep the rest.
    By then it was nearer to 6:00pm, Girlie and the BF left, they were going to a birthday party for a friend, and Wife and I returned the U-Haul.  $19.99, my ass.  They also charge $1 a mile, so my little drive around from old to new house, was a total of fifteen miles, and some taxes, got me to $43, or something like that.  But at least I didn't get the spiders into my Excursion, so that was good.
    I took a sort of nap, and around 8:00pm we finally left the house and went to the mall.  I finally bought the sheets I have been wanting to get for Chub's room.  He is going with a Spider Man motif, and I found the perfect quilt and throw pillows.  I was going to get Boy the same idea, but with Batman, but Chubs stuff cost a pretty penny, so we said we'd do one room at a time.
    We finally went to Central Martket, got some dessert stuff, I love their breads, and we ate dinner at Genghis Grill, because Chubs loves it and it had been awhile since we had gone.  All in all, a pretty good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment