Wednesday, July 1, 2015

7/2/15 Here's The Latest On Old House?

    We thought it was all done, but of course, that is not how life works.  They had offered us $5000 over asking price, and then brought in an inspector to completely bend us over and whip us with a switch.  I hate to say that I felt the lashing and I just wished we weren't even in the business of selling a house.  Inspector complained from the shingles to the foundation, scrutinized the screens or lack thereof and the quality of the electrical circuits if 1-2 outlets are out.
    With my tail between my leg and a purse shoved in my armpit, I was ready to apologize to the mean man and just give him the house, then I remembered, that is their job.  I took it personally for a few hours, and was debating telling buyer to take a long walk down a short pier, or to go play tag with traffic.  I told realtor we were ready to take house off market and get to fixing everything, give us a month or so and we'll get back to you.
    She kind of chuckled and said no, they may just be trying to get the price down some.  I then understood the game, but I am not very good at playing it, we just kind of said OK when she (realtor) suggested we take $10,000 off the price, so they can call it half for roof, and half for foundation.  They had a report that it'll cost $9800 to fix foundation, our guy had said it was higher in the front than the back, but only by two inches, not really a big deal.  Not wanting to risk losing the buyer and he had come in offering $5000 more than we had asked for, it seemed ok to do this.  Today, they came back with another $3800 to deal with all the other small things, we said sure, but if there was another round, it would be no more.
    So as of today (7/1/15), they must decide if they are holding firm on price decided and they sent us an amended contract with new agreed upon price, we signed it and sent it back to them.  Unless something squirelly comes up, we just have to wait until July 20th.  I am so glad to be doing it this way, another month of running around doing stupid little chores would have sucked.  I guess now we just have to wait another two weeks or so and sign some paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment