Wednesday, July 22, 2015

7/22/15 My Quiet Brother's Birthday

    I have two brothers, and a sister.  Whereas one brother loves to hear himself talk and will wax poetic and expertly about any topic, the other brother can be quite reclusive and even basic information can be hard to get out of him.  My younger brother by nine years has always been glad to give the spotlight to any of us if he can.
    This is the brother that lived with me in our house for five-six years.  It was an interactive week with him if we talked for more than an hour.  Even though we both managed to work similar night shifts, his started at 10:30pm, where mine has always started around 6pm.  This was the start of us never interacting very well.  When he lived at our house here in Austin, he would stay up until two in the afternoon sometimes, whereas I always come home and go to bed as quickly as possible.  This allows me time to get up, shower and get dressed to pick up Chubs around 3pm.  He would be going to bed, many times at 3pm when I would be getting up.  We never got the chance to hang out.
    This brother has always been happiest with a good book in his hand and possibly should have lived in the times when you defended yourself with a good sword.  He has always been a fan of sword play, whether with the Jedi's or the ancient Asian cultures.
    He left back to Crystal about two years ago.  Things were starting to get interesting in the oil fields, and having my sister's husband already working there, he managed to get my brother in.  He went from 40 hours a week at $10/hr, to mid $20/hr and getting to 40 hours by Wednesday, but continuing on the OT almost non-stop.  This almost got me going, but it wasn't that long after that the work slowed down to a trickle.  It has been inversely proportional to the price of gas.  As it came down, so too do all the efforts of excavating it.
    Still, my brother is cool and goes with the flow.  He maintains a cool demeanor when it comes to things outside of his control.  He may end up back in the guard/officer type job soon, and considering his degree is in criminal justice, that would be a good fit.  Happy Birthday my brother, hope you find what you seek out of life.  You are always welcome to try the big city life.

No comments:

Post a Comment