Saturday, July 11, 2015

7/12/15 Resting Is Hard?,

    With my little cough that won't go away, I have been trying to rest.  I just can't seem to find time to take it easy.  Yesterday, I wanted to, but Wife reminded me that the official transfer of our house is coming, so we either do it this weekend or next, but we have to go get the final things out of our old house.  We decided to do it Friday, that way we still had Saturday to do what we wanted to.
    Friday pretty much kicked our butt, it was super hot, thanks to the youngsters stepping up to help us get everything down.   We rested a bit, then rallied late in the day, but we were not able to do much.  By the time we ate, it was after 10:00pm.  I called my mom about possibly sending Chubs down to visit.  While eating dinner, he mentioned to us that he had spent 11 days on vacation with his other grandparents.  He told us he needed to go spend more time with his other grandma and family.
    Although I would have loved to just sleep late, I talked to my mom and she said we could meet halfway, but not too late.  We settled on 2:00pm, although I knew that was way too early for my taste.  I was up by 10:30am, drank some coffeeand waited while Wife showered.  Boy decided he wanted to go at the last minute, so he had to shower and stuff while we waited patiently.
    I again had trouble with my getting sleepy as soon as we got on the road.  This has been happening for a while, but I am not fighting it.  There is a reason, they tested me having low O2 levels in my blood, from the bronchitis, anyways, mom suggested we get a gift for my nephew, so we stopped at the Disney outlet and got him a gift.  Wife drove the rest of the way, and I very eagerly jumped in back seat and slept for an hour.
    We met with my folks, they got after me for being me, but it was only a meal, I survived and we were on our way.  Wife drove back, but I managed to stay awake, we stopped and filled up at Buc-ee's at which point I drove back the rest of the way.  We got home around 6:00pm, we were going to go to the new Bass ProShops, but I laid down for five minutes and slept until 8:00pm.  We managed to go to Lowe's as we have a new letter from the HOA to paint our front wood parts, such as garage door and balcony.  But of course, it can't be easy, we have a specific paint by Sherwin Williams, so we need to go to that store and buy their specific color.
    We had a nice dinner with Boy at Longhorn Steakhouse and were home by 11:00pm.  I was again feeling drained, but a quick nap and I am here in bed at 1:50am enjoying Once Upon A Time with Wife who looks more like a nightshift worker than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment