Sunday, July 19, 2015

7/20/15 Hotels Got Better? (poem)

Hotels got a whole lot better I must say
even rooms dedicated to exercise and play.
 We bought an RV in 1998 because Wife thought those beds were dirty
I wanted something big to tow, a man-child I had just turned thirty.
Two RV's have served us well, what can we say
friends and family at one time or another all did stay.
In sixteen years four families now have RV units
we have spread, and yes, I'm jealous of their newness.
This year I sold my truck, what a huge mistake for a quick buck
ever since I did it, I feel like a schmuck.
But like a phoenix I will again rise.
I'll get another F250, I won't care about the price.
So for this year we are visiting hotels and suites
as long as they're not super cheap and we get clean sheets.
As they say, you get what you pay for,
pay $50, see roaches, ticks, whores and more.
I think $150 is about the sweet spot
the bedroom's clean and the shower's hot.
Springhill Suites, we've tried them twice
free Wi-fi, free breakfast, new-ish and nice.
I like Suite in the name, for that I expect some space to sit down
the sofa's a sleeper, coffee a dripper, and fridge might even have a freezer, so no time to frown.
I have to wait and see how things settle after the sale of the rental
I promised Wife a new car first, now I must be gentle.

No comments:

Post a Comment