Thursday, July 9, 2015

7/10/15 Work Feels Bogus?

    Before vacation, we were running pretty non-stop, I was putting in 70-80 hours a week.  I come back and I don't know if it was all a façade, but nobody is in a rush, I barely am getting notes from my supervisor to do this or that.  The other guy that was working nights is back on days, so I guess it's quieter than it was.
    I am sleeping until 3:00 or 4:00pm in the afternoon as I have no responsibility to pick up either boy.  I then get up and still feel tired, not sure if it is from flipping my schedule around, but I need to get back on my night shift routine and fast.  I am glad everyone around me is having a blast, Wife staying up catching up with all her shows, the boys staying up saving the world on whatever video game they are playing.  They are slowly making progress on putting house back together, should be done by next week, hopefully.  I am going to force myself to clean hot tub this weekend.  It has been way too long since we enjoy that thing.  Plus, we did get that note from the city, to clean or be fined.
    I would totally love to get a new boat here pretty soon.  I promised Wife I'd wait at least one more year, but dammit, with all the lakes rising, it sure sounds like fun, right now.
    Wife is debating with me if I want to have dinner out right now 10:00pm, as she was cleaning and lost track of time.  I say it sounds like fun, if just to change our normal routine of eating dinner in front of the TV.  I suggested IHOP, we might end up at Don Dario's, they are next door to each other, and IHOP does get waves of busy from time to time.
    I have a few samples to prepare before the morning, but the instructions were already wrong on the first go round.  So, I am working cautiously, no sense killing myself and then find out customer was wrong, yet again.
    IHOP was very good, as usual.  I had the egg and cheese melt, and shared a short stack of pancakes with Wife, she had the crepes, Boy had a chicken fried steak, I ate about half of it, and Chubs had chicken fingers and fries, and threatened me when I looked at his chicken that I better not.  I know just as soon as I start getting comfortable and enjoying these family outings, it will be time to head back to school.  So in the meantime, enjoy every day for the gift it is.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment