Monday, July 27, 2015

7/27/15 Do We Change For Ourselves Or For Others?

    I was having a thought with Wife after listening to a song about change this afternoon while headed to the mall.  My thought is that I have not changed much in the last twenty years.  I became this person slowly but I haven't veered much with shenanigans of finding a God or becoming a vegan so everything american is suddenly a sin.  My thought has been that I was not faking my way, I 've always said this is me.  I see friends who indulged with me that they too were atheist, but now I can see them running to church every sunday, like it is going to get you a better seat in an afterlife that I don't believe exists.
    These are people that went to college with me, that I actually thought were of deep thought.  They at least used to agree with what I said.  I don't worry, I know now that there are many more people not believing.  Boy claims to fall in line with me, but I tell him it doesn't count because he has never even bothered reading the bible.  You must first immerse yourself in its substance before you decide it is not for you.
    I am not even attacking religion, when done right it is a beautiful thing.  All the pomp and circumstance associated with it can almost be magical.  The money alone that they can ferret out of the poor masses to build opulant temples is something special.
   Wife says it has to do with finding your partner.  If the one you love is all religious, of course you will do the same.  I never danced because she accepted how I was.  For a little while, she said she was on my side, but maybe it's because she didn't like idea of getting up for church.  Now that we are older, she would say she is "spiritual" if not full on "faithful".
    Chubs currently has innocence and his mind is full of acceptance.  He could go either way, I am not pushing one way or another, but a little common sense and some thinking, mixed in with living with me and Boy.  We all want Santa and the tooth fairy to be real, but in the end, it is what we teach and keep alive that survives as fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment