Wednesday, May 13, 2015

9/13/15 A Whole Lot Of Hurry Up And Wait?

    Wife took the day off today to focus on our rental/old house.  Light was supposed to have been turned back on under our name by Monday afternoon, we had called last week after renters moved out.  Painters were going to go in and start patching and doing what they do.  Only problem was that electric company guy decided not to turn on power because our fuse box was not up to code.  When we moved out EIGHT YEARS AGO, I ripped out wires to hot tub, they were not connected, but I wasn't able to pull them out of electric/fuse box.  They were attached going in to box inside a PVC pipe that was butted up to box but not really attached.  All this was my bad, I accept the blame, but it came back and bit me in the ass today.  The light wouldn't be turned on until it was all fixed. Wife called me at 9:00am, I had been asleep for maybe an hour and a half.  This is part that pisses me off, light company wouldn't talk to her because her name was not on the original application 19 years ago.  In order for her to know what was happening I had to call, which means I was woken up from my 6 hour sleep window to ask crappy questions.
    Fast forward, I told Wife to contact Fox which came and fixed our wiring problems for $200.  We lost painters for a day.  I prefer they not try to paint with all the rain, it's not supposed to be good for paint when it is this humid.  Wife was over most of the day, talked to AC guy, said $8500 for new AC/furnace and ducts/vents with a digital thermometer on wall.
    Carpet guy took a little longer than quoted, but he showed up eventually and he did his measurements, hopefully carpet can wait until after all the work is done.  I even pulled back carpets to get Wife to relax by showing her pee from all those freaking animals was caught in carpet and pad.  A small section of concrete looks like it got stained in smaller bedroom, which we will treat this weekend with some Kilz.
    We might even do counter tops with some cheap laminate until we decide what to do with kitchen, probably change out all counters with laminate for $200-$300.  Of course, Wife wants new sink and faucets too, so we will go ahead and do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment