Saturday, May 9, 2015

5/9/15 Avengers, Good For Us?

    I thought I loved super hero movies.  Age of Ultron was even better than I thought, the commercials had made it seem kind of dark.  My thought about this movie is that it seems self indulgant.  Problems on the screen are alien and out of this world.
    Movies like this don't make us think about real world problems, maybe that is a win for us.  I really don't want to hear about people starving or the latest update on wars that will never end.  My coworker was asking if I had seen the latest tragedy on the news, I told him I don't bother getting sucked into the news anymore.  It's the same depressing crap every day.  I think he was talking about the latest race thing in Baltimore.
    I don't like the idea of police abusing citizens, but when a police officer asks me a question, I don't mouth off with a rude "what?!"  Police officers are members of the community, they start off with the best of intentions, to protect and serve.  The citizens who end up getting beat up also have something to do with their beatings, be polite, if you are not doing wrong, you'll be on your way in no time.  Rodney King, who started the LA riots back in the 90's was high and out of his mind, it took a handful of cops to subdue him.  First of all, don't get high away from home, if you can't maintain.
    Maybe the movies are supposed to be an escape on second thought.  Why should we carry the burden of society's miscreants?  I've never had problems interacting with police officers, if they want to rally in Baltimore, go ahead unemployables, you all got all day to do nothing.  Us working people will be at work.  When we get out, we won't get drunk on the way home, we'll wait and drink at home, if that is what we want.  Guess what, we won't be running into the law and yelling at him to "fuck off", we'll see them and think "good, keep an eye on those troublemakers over there".
    So yeah, my reward for living on the straight and narrow is that I get to go enjoy an occasional movie with my family that is just filled with eye candy, what's better than Scarlett Johansen in black leather kicking ass, even the guys are all chiseled and perfect?  Of course, in the end the good guys win, because that is how life is supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment