Friday, May 22, 2015

5/22/15 Boy Heads Out On Vacation?

    I don't like it, but Boy is on his way to Florida.  His friends and he have been planning this trip most of the past year.  I don't mind that he'll be gone for a week, I worry about them being on the highway and so far away from us.  We are going in about a month, and we wanted him to choreograph his trip to fall in line with ours, but of course, someone had to do something that didn't allow that.
    He was able to get his tickets at a slight discount by having his Grandpa on his Mama's side get them at the VA.  Plus we've been telling him to plan on taking about $1000 for food and incidentals.  He was able to scam a week from our timeshare, we upgraded in the last year and they threw in a free extra week. 
    He should be good once they get there.  He has condo waiting, has tickets to get into park.  All he needs is tickets to Universal if they are going.  Their plan is to go to 3 of Disney parks and 2 at Universal.  Only park he is not going to is Animal Kingdom.
    My mom decided to give him some money ($100) for the trip, and I was going to give him a hundred bucks, so before he went to bed I gave him an extra $200.  Wife also gave him one of our credit cards which she called and added him to the list of available users in case of an emergency.  He also managed to talk mama into a quick trip to Sam's and I'm sure she got him about $200-300 worth of junk food and crap for the trip.
    I am glad I have been doing all this extra OT, because this trip of his which we were going to have no part in, is now costing us about $1000.  Wife was nice enough to call a hotel in Alabama, somewhere I determined to be about the middle of the way and she already paid for a room so they can stop for the night.  He is supposed to do this when they come back, and I guess we are paying for this room as well.
    Oh well, at this point I have wished them all luck, they are all sleeping at our house, so they can load up around 6am and get going.  I think leaving at 7am is pretty good to avoid morning rush hour in Houston, but we'll see what happens.  God speed, Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment