Thursday, May 7, 2015

5/8/15 Temptation Looms Everywhere?

    Now that we are in the process of moving to a smaller house, one of our older friends who did live in the rental house for a couple years asked if we would consider renting her the place.  This makes it hard to make decisions.  With the mindset that I will be living over there, I am willing to buy a nicer carpet knowing it is for me and my family.  If we did let them rent house and we just hold up on selling big house for another year, I would want to install a carpet costing 1/3 what the one I chose will cost.
    We went through whole scenario in our heads about renting her house.  It would make it easier for us to not have to move.  But we know it is just a matter of time, people at work are already talking about their taxes going up for next year.  The best thing for us is to get out of the monster mortgage bill, the sooner the better.
    See?  Temptation abated.  I've been meditating, reading books, I have become the master of Me.  Go ahead, test me, put some big ole boobs in my face, I won't even motorboat them "brbrbrbrbrbr!"  Maybe.
    So we ordered the pricier carpet, I love me a fat shaggy thick carpet, on the floor.  Wife has a couple painters lined up to touch up and fix the walls and repaint indoors, whole house, maybe even outside.  Those dudes will start showing up tomorrow after school.  I will have to pick up Chubs and run over there ASAP.
    Here's another temptation.  We are kind of dieting.  No dinner at night, except for some vegetable juice.  It seems coincidence though, but there are cookies or donuts every day at work, and I have a hard time saying no to them.  Yesterday, my coworker saved me a donut and before I could think about it, I swallowed it in like three bites.  Coffee didn't even get a chance to brew.
    So maybe I'm not a master of saying no to temptation, maybe I still need a little donut or just a little donut hole now and then, come on, I swear I'm doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment