Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5/12/15 Grilling Still Chilling?

    We haven't been grilling as much as we used to.  A couple years ago, we could count on a couple friends to always be ready to come over and join us for some burnt meat off the grill.  But through life's twists and turns, we find ourselves hanging out just the four of us most weekends.  Don't get me wrong, we still have a good time, but it takes a rowdy crowd to get me motivated to go out and clean the hot tub, I'm not doing it so Wife can say ehh, I'd rather watch TV, it's too muggy outside.
    Friday was good that it was just us four.  Boy was able to get us tickets to the new Avengers Movie, which we went and enjoyed as a happy family.  I was under the assumption he still got food for 50% off, but that has changed.  I'm like sure get the popcorn, the pretzels, the sodas, and then we all had meals.  That little smorgasborg cost me over $70, but as Boy said, "the movie was free."
    One of our old friends has told Wife she'd like to get together like we used to, but she's dating a dud of a dude and I'm not a fan of his lame ass.  Why do you hot chicks date these freaking guys with no personality?  They add nothing to the conversation, they don't offer to cook or clean, they come over as the equivalent of a mosquito, something you don't want but tolerate because you had a party outside.
    We need to get out there and meet more people, make more friends.  Chubs will be going to Del Valle ISD next year, when we move.  Maybe that will be better.  Boy's friends all had attractive single mamas, not sure if it is a Del Valle thing, but I liked it.  We've met a couple of Chub's friends parents over here in south Austin, but none of them seem grill worthy.  Maybe that takes time, or maybe the mamas at Del Valle like it when a fat man and his son befriend their son and they want to repay him by bathing in his hot tub half naked.
    If we make good friends like that again, I'm never moving away again and my plans will include becoming mayor or king of Del Valle, for that I believe is the land of women that dig a Big Mando.     Go ahead FB peeps tell me "you deserve it!"  I love that quote on FB, women can do anything from a good bowel movement to buying a new car, some friend will declare "you deserve it girl, woo-hoo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment