Sunday, May 17, 2015

5/17/15 My Wife's Family?

    I am quite lucky/blessed (your choice), I suppose.  I have the perfect parents who have made me the man I am today, but I also have very good in-laws who have never hesitated to come in and lend a hand when it was needed.  They have been visiting more regularly lately to help us in our transition to our smaller house.  They came in about a month ago and separated everything in the garage.  I was having a hard time, not because I am a pack rat but I was sure everything in there could have been sold for a little something-something.  The reality is that we just do not have time to break everything apart and hang out on Craigslist or even the idea of getting up early for a garage sale hurts my head.
    My father in law, on the other hand, is a bit of a pack rat and my mother in law fights him constantly to get rid of his gems.  For example, he said he found a pair of clowns he bought for $5 or $10 but he found them online selling for $300.  I told him "well, you sell them and I'll take the mooney".  Don't leave me some scary ass clowns in your will, they'll end up in trash.  He already has his truck loaded from Saturday afternoon, ready to go for Sunday.  The man showed up with his own bins, and all sorts of straps to tie everything down in the back of his truck.  I won't ask, but Wife said they are having a couple garage sales before we go to Florida and the boys are going to get the money to spend at the Disney parks.  That sounds good, but I honestly just appreciate the fact that my garage could actually fit a car now.  After this weekend, maybe a car and a motorcycle.  The plan is coming together, and I am getting excited.
    Went over today and the painters finally got the walls painted.  The house is looking so freaking good, I can't wait for the carpet, but Home Depot said about 2 weeks.  We went ahead and told the painters to go ahead and paint the cabinets polar bear white in the glossy paint like the doors.  When we were talking to them about painting the house, I was just thinking I'd replace the doors because they all looked old and yellow-ish, my wife suggested they paint them.  They cleaned all the gunk and dirt from years of use and spray painted them with that glossy white, looked new to me.  Even the windowsills, which again, I hadn't thought of, they suggested it was a very easy job.  He pulled one off, and it was just that compressed wood.  We bought pine wood, so it should last another 20-30 years.  Plus I love that glossy white shiny paint as an accent.  The whole house is a relaxed blue, Norwegian Blue in the Behr Paints to be exact.
    My in-laws liked how the house is looking, my mother in-law commented on how it felt like we never left, it still feels very much like our place.  Everyone that goes in comments on what we are going to do with it.  We are half jokingly saying we'll sell for $135000 right now.  People are saying that price sounds pretty good, one of the painters had his wife there and she was interested.  We are installing a new AC/heating unit next week, price will have to go up accordingly.  Even a coworker drove by he's looking for a new place, it is a very beaner-ific neighborhood, I didn't think it would be right for him, but it is very close to our work.  I'm looking forward to a five minute drive instead of the almost 20 minutes I do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment