Tuesday, May 19, 2015

5/20/15 Boy Doesn't Know He's Funny?

    Boy has come back home for the summer.  I am mildly shocked at his flat delivery when he says he wants something.  I am not always sure if he is kidding or serious.  We were at the mall on Saturday, and I was trying to be the good father.  He is going to Florida with his friends this coming weekend.  I was offering some new shirts or clothes for the trip.  He starts that he wants new boots, but the Harley Davidson kind with a chain that dangles between the heel and the front part so people can hear him coming.  I look at him like ummm, no.  But try again.  He's not sure if maybe some new cowboy boots, oh yeah and then at Buckle he was going on and on with the guys, apparently one of the cashiers has his same name so they bonded.  He was asking if they had the red leather jacket they carried a couple years ago.  The other dork actually goes in the back and comes out with one of the last jackets of the season.  I looked at both of them saying "it's summer".  Boy looks at me like "and..."  then it was his hard sell "come on Daddy, it's only $600."  No!  This is what I get for being nice.
    This was on top of his very straight pitch of he wants a new Tag watch that was over $5000.  And of course, he's gonna need new tires soon for his Jeep, like maybe this summer.  The idea he could work and pay for them completely slips his mind, I don't think his little brain can grasp that idea.
    Of course, he had to run back to his apartment this week.  He needed to go get a couple things he forgot.  That means he spent the night, which is fine, during the week all I do is work.  But so far, I see one box in his room that he has packed.  Box might be empty, but at least he or Wife put tape on the bottom and there's at least a box ready to go in his room.  He needed to know when we are making move, officially.  Told him I don't know, I am sure he wants to know so he can plan on packing on the night before.
    Tonight he was just sending me random pictures of stuff he'd like.  I said no to expensive watch, he sends me info to go look at Oakley watch at a lot cheaper price of $1995.  Then Leatherman, company with the knives has a bracelet coming out where each link will have tools on it, I told him I liked that.  I'll get him one of those, in the $150 range.  It sure is nice to have Mijo back under the same roof as the rest of us.
   

1 comment: