Thursday, May 14, 2015

5/15/15 Another Semester Done? (Poem)

Another semester is all but done
seventeen weeks of your life are again gone.
What did you learn, what did you do?
Has it stuck to you like glue, do you somehow feel brand new?
If it is how I remember, you're just glad it has ended
10% was splendid, the rest you just pretended.
But alas it is summer time
a whole three months to live on my dime.
Enjoy your youth is the best advice that I can give,
for time just escapes us as if through a sieve.
Before you know it, it will again be Fall
and your freedom and leisure will again be in a stall
You're getting closer to your prize
academia with a piece of paper will baptize
How far you go depends on you,
be lazy, start smelling like pooh
or show us that you grew and your knowledge did accrue.
Before you go getting all mature and get a big head
clean the plates of food from under your bed
And you may think you're in your prime
but like the Chubs you'll have a bedtime.
I'm hoping it'll be good to have you home for a few weeks
unless you think we have become a couple of antiques.
I don't care, I love you my Boy
Just don't be "mas puto" and say now I take my coffee with soy.

1 comment: