Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5/26/15 Ran Into An Old Friend?

    We were out shopping today before coming into work and we ran into an old friend we hadn't seen in a couple years.  It is funny how time passes and the things that can happen.  This was our neighbor, we hung out all the time, went camping together, even made it out to New Orleans for Mardi Gras one time.  We were able to chat and probably talked for about 15 min.  He has a new gal pal, I think they may even be living together, which is great.  What struck me was at one point, he was devastated about the divorce, he would come over to discuss with us what might have been, did he do the right thing?  I'm not sure who was to blame.  Their main problem is they didn't seem to communicate with each other.  He was always working, she felt ignored or abandoned.  I can sense we have been in a similar wavelength, Wife and I, but I try whenever I am not working to do what she wants to do.  And we are both aware that my extra working is to provide enough extra money to pave the way to get us to our goal of moving to other house.
    He seems to be doing well, his new gal is attractive and she seems to be on the ball, adding into our conversation and not being weird or shocked that he had a past life.  We've talked to other friends and the girls they date seem shocked that the person they are with have a past life, use your brain, the world does not revolve around you, Dingbat.
    I always liked his first wife, we're still friends but she's not the same person without him.  She's come over and we've hung out, but she insists on dating a dud of a human, and the pair just don't make sense to me when they come over.  Consequently, I don't go out of my way to do things that call for people to come over, like barbeques.  Plus nobody soaks their boobs in my hot tub, so I won't share my grilled meats with you.
    Anyways, I guess it's good that people can pick themselves up after being shattered by divorce, I've now seen a few couples go through it but the people end up different.  One friend swears his ex is Satan incarnate, he wants nothing to do with her and has nothing but hatred.  This after worshipping the ground she walked on for so many years.  People in either of me or Wife's family don't have too many divorces, but then again, who can walk away from all this???  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment