Saturday, May 23, 2015

5/23/15 A Nice Quiet Day?

    Boy took off at around 6:15am.  I was supposed to get out around 5:30am but I committed to changing a part on the tool I use and that took longer than I wanted.  Nevertheless, I left about 5:40am, stopped for some donuts and kolaches on the way home and was there to catch Boy and the gang loading up like busy ants into the SUV they took.  They were all excited, Boy was unshowered but it didn't seem to matter.  He just said "I'll shower when we get to hotel."  That ended up being like at 8:00pm so I'm sure the funk was in that car.  But I digress, I got home and saw them off, Wife was awake and came downstairs too.  I had a couple donuts and up to shower I headed.
    I decided to shave my head as I had not done in a couple weeks and that felt good, finished by the time Chubs was up and getting ready for school.  He had track and field day, so he got into some comfortable shorts and the class shirt.  He had a decent day, said they won some events, lost some, but it was all OK.  I got up and had texts galore, from Boy where he was, from Wife, where Boy was, from Mom, responding to Boy and from Girlie who is saying she may leave Austin.  I started rifling through the texts, and still picked up Chubs on time.  We went and celebrated at Smashburger.  The burgers are really great, they match them up with shitty string fries though or stringy onion rings.  Plus the burgers start at $10.  They are delicious though, Chubs then added a "hand-spun" milkshake which he was disappointed was done with a machine.
    I kept texting with everyone, happy for Boy, waiting for Wife, and ultimately told Girlie she'll be fine.  She was all excited she was leaving after her last trip so I figure it's more of the same.  Chubs and I went home, I jumped under the covers, having already texted my supervisor and knowing I was gonna stay home for tonight and tomorrow..... Man, it feels awesome to be lazy after busting my butt the past month and a half.
    Wife got home and had one of the lamest lines she has ever used on me.  "Best Buy sent me an email that I have to go charge something or they are going to close my account."  Can anyone say first world problems???  Her idea was that she'll charge a movie and keep her account active, Chub's idea was to get a new phone, after all, big bro got one not too long ago and Chub's phone has burnt spots all over the screen.  We got I guess an OK deal, he was able to get a Samsung 6, latest phone leased for $20 but they give you $19 back every month.  So phone costs $1 a month.  At the end of 2 years, he hands it back in and starts on a new one.  We'll see how plan goes.
    We ended day by going to new liquor store that made Spec's look small and unorganized.  Even Wife was putting in tiny airplane bottles, which she has always liked.  We then ate at Cheddar's, and although food is usually so-so, I had sirloin and half rack of ribs with a baked potato, it was delicious.
    Nicest thing was not going to old house.  I had been losing hours during the week going over there and then rushing to work.  Carpet people called, it is in.  Now it just needs to be installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment