Friday, July 8, 2022

7/7/22 Ending Our Vacation?

     We ended our vacation Wednesday, checking out before 11:00am and getting on the road.  This is always a hard part of going somewhere.  We carefully pack everything before we go, if we are staying more than 2-3 days, we even unpack and use the furniture provided, so we had our clothes in the dresser.  Wife likes to pack the night before, but I hate this, it makes it feel like the vacation ends that night.  I chose to pack my bag in the morning, after getting up with plenty of time to shower and get going.  Knowing checkout was at 11:00am, I believe I set my alarm for 8:30am.  Of course, how things work in the real world, I like getting up early when I have no reason for it.  The minute I "have to get up early", my body refuses to feel like doing it, and I inadvertently slept until 9:15am.

    This was still okay, but it left no time to play dumb.  I quickly showered, luckily, Mijo had already gotten up and showered.  Wife then followed and while she showered, I gathered my things and then took a first load to the car, the big bags that had been loaded, along with the fishing rods and other bulky stuff.  This was followed by a second trip with Mijo's things, pillows and the food in the cooler.  Finally, when Wife was ready, all we had was the food in those cheap HEB bags and to give the unit a walk through to make sure we didn't forget something.  We managed to get out at 10:50am, Wife sent a text that we were out and promptly were sent back a "Thank you for checking out." message.

    I should have gotten gas the night before, we were down to about 100 miles worth of gas, but leaving Corpus Christi is a little tricky, there are no big gas stations on the way out.  I hate getting off the freeway there where the mall is at, with so much traffic and the gas stations are all a little small.  I got caught up passing people and before I knew it, we were near George West, about 60 miles away, the car was down to 40-50 miles of gas, and so I pulled in to fill up at a Flying J.  It was so packed I had to wait for a pump, which I hate, but eventually we got in and out.  Pulling in is weird, if I feel good, I feel like I should just keep driving, once I stop and we get some food, I will eat then of course get a little drowsy.

    I kept fighting the drowsiness and I was about ready to pull over and let Wife drive, but she was being a pill too and not really wanting to drive.  She tricked me by putting in the Hamilton soundtrack which always makes us turn it up and get all emotional, which worked to get me in a different mindset and allowed us to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment