Tuesday, July 12, 2022

7/12/22 Another Printer Bites The Dust?

     Printers are not necessarily expensive, but it still bothers me every time we have to replace one.  The last time I cleaned out the bedroom downstairs, I pulled out three from the closet, which does not include this latest one just added to the scrap heap.  It isn't that it wasn't working, it kind of was.  The problem was that it never seemed to work right, it was supposed to communicate via wifi, but the laptop could never really do it.  For a time, my phone was connected to it and it could send stuff, like pictures to print.  I found that the easiest way to print on the laptop was to use a cord and connect the printer to the laptop, which seemed very 90s to me.

    This morning, Girlie sent me a form to print for her, but when I went to print, the printer was out of ink.  At this point, with no backups that I could find in the pantry (this is where the printer lives), I had a decision to make.  Buy a new set of printer ink, color and black and hope the old printer keeps working, or opt for a new printer, and set things to right, by being able to set it up properly this time.

    I headed to Best Buy at Southpark Meadows and was surprised that it was closed, as in the big metal gates were down, and this was maybe around 9:30am.  I just looked online, and they don't open until 11:00am, which seems like ridiculous hours to open, but after Covid, stuff has been screwy everywhere.  They also close at 700pm, thus my thinking that they had gone out of business at this location.  I had to go to plan B and that was head on over to Target and buy my printer there.

    I could not tell the difference between the printers while at the store and although the one I chose seems fine, I don't like that the paper feeds from the top, barely allowing it to fit where I have had it the last few years.  The last one just kept the new paper inside of it, just below where the printed work comes out.  At this point, I think I do like the new printer, I had one the cost $189, but as I walked to the check-out, I got a nagging feeling that Wife would nag at me, so I went back and chose a more sensible one for $124.99 with a $10 Target gift card, so essentially it was only $114.99.  I still bought two sets of color and black ink, so the total was still over $200.  All I can hope for now is that these printers are as good as they seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment