Friday, July 1, 2022

7/1/22 Perry's At The Domain?

     We tried something different today, and I think I kind of liked it.  Boy hasn't been coming around as often as I thought he might, but since he didn't make it for Father's Day (he went to Dallas for a friend's engagement something or other), he had said he would take me to lunch or dinner.  I called him on that earlier this week and we started talking about it.  We ended up at meeting Friday at Perry's, which is a high-end steak place at The Domain.

    It had been a while since I had been to a real nice steak place, other than the Brazilian steakhouses, which are always pretty good.  This place specializes on some sort of pork chop that they finish at the table, but they have a cheaper version that serve as a lunch option on Fridays.  We both tried this and although I know pork is not as good as steak, it was still a fine option.  The meal came with mashed potatoes, and I added some asparagus as an extra side.  It had been a few weeks since we had sat with Boy and conversed, so the conversation was easy and we jumped around topics from family to work, to even a bit on the latest Roe V. Wade overturn.  I liked this type of meet-up with Mijo, it felt like I was truly talking to an adult, or even a peer.  I kept jokingly saying "If Muhammed won't come to the mountain, the mountain shall come to Muhammed."  I am the mountain, is the joke there, since I am a big ole cow.

    I am always amazed when I venture out and see other normal humans doing their thing.  It's like some people don't have jobs and yet get to enjoy the best that life offers.  Some of the people at the restaurant genuinely appeared to be wearing pajamas, but how?  It is the middle of the day and most of these people were not on a jaunt out for lunch from their jobs.  The people around us were either dressed up, like they were out, maybe on vacation, or they were dressed down, like eating here is normal activity, I was confused.  Boy just thinks most of these people work from home, or they are on vacation, which are two more possibilities, but who knows.

    We ended lunch with a dessert, I ordered what was named a Rocky Road Bread Pudding, but there was no ice cream, instead, the bread pudding was topped with a thick marshmallow, which had been burned somehow with a flame, then this was all drizzled with chocolate and walnut chunks all around.  It just topped off a surprisingly good lunch.  I left thinking we need to do this again on a more normal time, like once a month.  Mijo agreed that it was good, and we should meet up in a couple more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment