Tuesday, July 19, 2022

7/18/22 Descriptions Can Help Sell A Product?

     This is a bit of a reach, I know, but I think I'm on to something.  A couple weeks ago while on vacation we inevitably ended up at the mall to look at what kind of watches they might have.  Honestly, I see Corpus as a bit behind in the times, they are too busy enjoying life on the coast to care about trends and stuff.  I thought I might get lucky, and they would have a Rolex or two to sell and not just as display stuff.  Surprisingly, they did not.  I then looked around the store and although I like the Omega brand and was happy to see they had a display case with about 15-20, there weren't hardly any Speedmasters, which are the ones proclaimed to have been worn on the moon and been to space.  Honestly, I looked at the rest of them and for my taste, I usually like a darker colored watch, although I do want my next watch to look distinctively different.  I walked away not very impressed with what they had, I've been to several Omega boutiques with a whole store of display cases of just the Omega brand, so what they had here was too limited to impress me, I thought.  Wife had been out following Mijo, so I was there alone.  On our way out, I pulled her in so she could see what they had, while I talked myself into believing that my next watch will probably be a Panerai.  Wife looked at the Omega watches and asked to see an orange one with a white dial.  I saw an orange watch that was not my style, she saw a watch that looked like it belonged on the arm of a Longhorn.  Once I looked at it as that, I couldn't help but think this watch would look great with any Longhorn shirt or paraphernalia.  Now, I can't stop thinking I will have to buy this watch, just with the simple words that it looked Longhorn-ish.

    Another thing that has been sold to me again by Wife and DD, to some extent is with brisket.  I love a lean cut of brisket, from the flat with hardly any fat.  Wife says she has always liked the fattier choice from the point which always kind of grossed me out.  DD described it as candy, it just melts in your mouth, it is so good.  This past weekend, I made a small brisket, only around 7.5 pounds and hardly any point, so there was little fat on it, I probably bought it because of this as I like them lean looking.  I always get crap because without all the fat, they tend to cook a little tougher in that they don't fall apart.

    I guess there was some fat hidden in this one after all.  There seemed to be a line in the middle of it, and some fat immersed among the meat.  I could almost taste the description by DD that the fat was "like candy" as I bit into the meat and the fat just kind of dissolved, not in a gross way as I think of fat, but as leading the way with flavor as it dissolved in my mouth.  Instead of wanting to hack it out with a knife, I left it in and found my tacos a bit more enjoyable this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment