Tuesday, July 5, 2022

7/5/22 A True Vacation Day?

     Yesterday, actual 4th of July, was a great vacation day.  Other than rushing to meet my family for lunch at noon, the day was mostly non-stress, and we just took it easy.  My sister called at 10:30am, to see if we were almost ready to go eat.  We were not, I had just woken, after getting up at 8:00am, then going back to bed at 9:00am.  I took a shower, then woke Wife who followed with her shower, then we woke Mijo, who has been staying up late on his phone, doing whatever teenagers do, when coaches aren't controlling their every move.

    We got to Joe's Crab Shack down at the T-heads on Shoreline Drive by 12:10pm, the drinks had just arrived, when my sister called for the 3rd time to see if we were almost there, I told her what drinks to order for us.  We got to just walk in and order our food, no waiting around for a table.  My sister, her husband and kids were leaving back home, so they were in a rush to eat and scurry.  I kind of hate that rush, we weren't in any kind of hurry.  The food was overpriced, and basic, but I guess that is all right.

    We then did actually take some pics on the water's edge, then my sister left.  Instead of my mom rushing off with them, I convinced her to send the leftovers, a bunch of shrimp and fries, with my brother, who doesn't care to do anything, to deliver to dad, who also doesn't like to move around too much.  My sister and them all left, we headed to the mall.  We didn't have an agenda, but I told Mijo we could look for shoes and other clothes for school, he chose to not do this.  Instead, I headed straight to the one store that sells high end jewelry, Reed's, to see what they had.  They had big billboards with Rolex watches, so I thought maybe they don't sell well here, and they might have some inventory.  Nope, they had the same BS, some display watches that aren't even for sale.  Why advertise a brand you don't really carry for the normal public?

    After this, we dropped off mom back at her RV with my dad, got off to say hi to him, then we went back to our condo, for a nap for a few hours, was the plan.  I went and laid down almost immediately, and slept for an hour, got up, played on the computer and laid down again.  Wife made some bacon, egg, and potato tacos around 7:00pm, then we talked about our plans to go fishing, which seemed like work.  Both of us thought getting in the pool sounded much easier.  Mijo was still on the phone, Wife and I took our little cooler full of drinks and hung out in the pool for a couple hours.  I ended the night falling asleep on the sofa watching one of Wife's shitty movies, something about two pizza places next to each other and the kids maybe are in love, seemed kind of stupid, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment