Wednesday, July 13, 2022

7/13/22 Getting Smarter Or Becoming More Of A Wimp?

     I have been watching videos by ASP (Active Self Protection) for a few years and the host John Correia is great at giving tips to avoid escalation of situations where it isn't worth escalating and thus, reducing the risk of confrontation out in the world.  He has videos very day of normal people doing stupid things, and usually as he says, it comes down to a battle of egos.  In this day and age where anyone could be carrying a gun or other weapon is it worth getting in someone's face over them passing you in traffic, or cutting in line, or doing so many other selfish moves?

    I have then seen other videos, mostly of the MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) where they point out that many times it is the woman in the relationship that gets the man in trouble.  This stabbing in the bodega that just happened this past weekend was because the woman didn't get her potato chips, so she goes and gets the idiot boyfriend, who starts a fight for no real reason, like "Fucker, get some money."  There are other incidents like this all over the place.

    I would like to think that as I get older, I am getting smarter, not that I was ever one to fight.  I have actually done the opposite, I am not a fighter, call me a pussy, I don't care.  I have though been aggressive on the road and have done my share of stupid things. such as pass and then gone to prove my point when other people pass me, and I didn't like the way they did it.  I am trying to be better, but I guess Wife doesn't see it that way.  Recently, during Boy's graduation, we were in some pretty thick traffic, and the road we were on collapsed down to one lane.  This is one of those situations we can't help and must just be patient.  Some assholes decided they would cut by driving in the middle turning lane, get in front of a bunch of people and then merge in.  One of these majestic beings did this crap in front of our car, and instead of risking him hitting our car, I let him in.

    This set off Wife and she started a little with the "you're going to let him do that?"  "Wow, I thought you were a better driver than that, just letting people cut in front of you..."  I asked her "what do you want me to do, we're all going the same way, he already got in front of us, it's not like he will apologize and go back behind us."  Sometimes you just have to let it go, sometimes the ego is not worth wasting on idiots.

    Women can get away with being aggressive idiots because society gives them a pass.  A woman can throw a fit and hit a man, and it might cause a laugh, but flip that story around and most of the time, the man will end up being charged with assault.  We mustn't let these women with their short fuses get us in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment