Wednesday, July 6, 2022

7/6/22 Should We Feel Sorry And Help?

     Last night (Wrote Sunday morning), after getting our supplies at the store and eating dinner we were going to meet my family at the Funtrackers here in Corpus.  My dad wanted to go back to the RV, and because it was close by, we decided to wait but get gas in the meantime.  When I pulled into the modest sized gas station, it had maybe 8 pumps, there was a car with its hood open.  I decided not to park next to it, and I tried going as far from it as possible.  Unfortunately, the other pumps were shut down and I ended up closer than I wanted.  I had a feeling this dude would talk to me.

    Sure enough, as soon as I started pumping, the young-ish guy asked if I had some extra change for gas.  I just said nah and turned around.  I fucking hate this!  First off, I could help, I am on vacation and obviously I am a grown ass adult, so I must have extra income to bring my family out to another town and rent another house (condo) to basically hang out for a couple days.  If nothing else, he fills me with a little guilt, which I am apparently still carrying since I remember the exchange and moment.  Second, this is probably just a scam, which makes him suck even more balls.  This gas station is next to a vacation attraction, so the guy, if he has 2-3 brain cells to rub together knows that most everyone filling up here is in a good carefree mood and he is preying on this.  Third, if he isn't out scamming, then what the hell is he doing cruising around when gas is as expensive as it is right now?  He shouldn't be leaving his house except to work.

    This is pretty much the same reason I don't gas up anymore in the middle of the night, like I used to do when I worked through the night.  I want to feel bad for this guy, I was tempted to help, but to what end?  When I got back in the car, and that pump was the slowest ever, I could see each penny counting down as it filled up, Wife told me she had a lady come up to her and do the same thing.  When she said no, the lady added come on, I'll just use the pump after you're done gassing up your car.  Fuck, that is even worst.  This moron thought Wife would just let her have the pump which is going to charge our credit card account so she can fill her gas and Wife would trust her to just take a couple gallons?  Give an asshole an inch and they will take a mile, fuck them.  Too many opportunist criminals have taken advantage of too many good people that now it is almost impossible to tell who is really in need and who is out here just trying to work an angle for their benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment