Thursday, July 21, 2022

7/21/22 Original Mijo Going To Japan?

     I don't talk about Boy as much as I should, but it's because he has moved out and I don't see what he gets on about day to day.  Yesterday he called to tell us that work was sending him to Japan, and that sounds exciting and scary to me, along with so many other feelings in between.  He seems to be doing really well at work, now that he has officially graduated, and he has been promoted to engineer, I only see his opportunities expanding and we are excited for him.

    He has been with this company now going on close to two years.  I don't want to say names, but it is one of the bigger names in the technology field here in Austin and they have business all over the world.  When he signed on, he was told to expect to travel all over the world, and at the time I was a little worried for him.  In theory, I don't want Mijo on a jet all over the place, but if I think about it, they are supposed to be safer than cars, so I don't know how to feel.  Because of Covid and all that crap, things went on a standstill, and he had only been working here in the lab.  He had been getting frustrated saying his job just consists of making wires and cables all day long, which gets boring after a while.

    This trip is going to come up fast, he said sometime in the first week of August.  He already has a passport, and his work is paying for his work visa, something to the tune of a couple thousand dollars.  He had gotten his passport ready because a group of his friends were going to go to Japan on vacation, but it got cancelled when Covid made a comeback.  I believe he is actually going because another coworker got Covid recently, so I guess Covid gives and Covid takes.

    He was excited yesterday, I called to hear him tell me, as I was driving when he texted.  He said he will fly to Tokyo, then take a 4-hour bullet train to whatever city he will be working at.  He is scheduled to be there for two weeks, and it could be extended if he needs more time to get whatever project he will work on completed.  He also said he will be assigned a translator, although he says most of the larger cities like Tokyo English is a common language, but I don't know any of this to be fact.

    Either way, this is an exciting time for our oldest, as he is sent around the world.  As much as I still want my baby still living at home, this is what we try to create, people that grow up and contribute positively to the world, I am so proud of Mijo.

No comments:

Post a Comment