Sunday, July 3, 2022

7/3/22 Getting In A Rush To Relax?

     Yesterday was a bit of work, even if we were on vacation.  First off, Baby A had a group of friends spending the night, which I always like, but then it took a minute in the morning to get all of them out of the house.  I had wanted to leave around noon, but it was closer to 1:00pm before we were on the road.  That was fine, like I said, I like Mijo's friends, I enjoy hearing their banter and how they talk smack to one another.

    Once we got gas and then some cash from the ATM at the bank, we got on the road and did not stop until we pulled into Corpus, at our condo.  We usually stop on the road for snacks or even to eat some burgers, there was none of that.  Instead, we flew about as fast as the car would go, it was great to make the trip so fast.  We then pulled into the condo, got all of our stuff down, talked to my mom and they were basically waiting for us.  I don't get how they were waiting for us to go to the beach or do something when we weren't getting here until almost the end of the normal part of the day.  We still needed to go to the store and stock up on food, which we always do, especially if we are going to be on vacation for longer than a weekend.  We quickly got our luggage off, peed and took a quick look at the pool, then headed to the HEB.  That took about an hour and a half, but we got plenty of breakfast material, which is something we do try and eat in the condo, to save a bit of money.  Plus, Wife does make a pretty good breakfast, even Mijo was requesting chorizo and beans be included for one or more meals.

    This of course, took another 45 minutes to an hour to go put away.  By now it is 7:00pm, and my family is calling to find out where we are, they are waiting for us at a restaurant we normally eat at.  We get there as quickly as possible and eat our food.  The conversation was a little awkward, my folks and sister had been together all day and we fall in not being in on everything, the teenagers are all in a mood, my dad was all the way over on the other end of the table, so he didn't really talk.  My mom then suggested Fun-trackers, which was a great destination when the kids were younger, I remember going and playing putt-putt and stuff, but Mijo is a big boy, he doesn't look like he fits on any of the rides, and he is 17, almost too old and too cool for any of it, plus at this point, we had driven the long drive, gone to the store, eaten and not quite had a chance to sit and rest.  We decided to cut out early and go back to our place.  Wife and I went and checked the pool out for about 30-40 minutes and Mijo stayed in the room, I think on the phone, by the jerky way he was acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment