Monday, July 25, 2022

7/26/22 I Guess I Got Ideas?

     This weekend I was looking for something cool for Mijo, to show his school spirit and to get something personal.  I was looking at shirts/hoodies/jerseys but ended up on a website that seems to specialize on socks.  They first page to get started in making your own personal socks is to choose between about six different versions lengths, such as over the knee to the kin that hides in your shoes.  Knowing that Mijo mainly wears the 3/4 style that fits to above the ankle.  From there, I was able to choose what color to go with on the toes, the heel and even the collar on top.  From there, after choosing from a lot of color combinations, we can download a logo, which I had the Cougars on a picture, as if I was waiting for this project.  From the colors I chose, I was then sent a picture with a more or less finished view of what they would look like, in theory.

    I don't know why I was dragging my feet, probably because Mijo was not actually excited about me ordering him and maybe a couple of his friends some of these socks.  Well, it happened that we went to the Booster Club this evening, and after waiting for a lull in the conversation, I found a perfect opportunity to add the socks as a fundraiser event.  As soon as I showed the officers the mock-up, they said they wanted some for their kids.  Then one lady asked if they could be done in pink, for breast cancer awareness month, I mean the kids are already sporting pink accents on their uniforms that month (October).  Before I knew it, most of the moms were asking for a pair of pink socks.  I am writing this around midnight, I sent the pink design to them around 10:30pm and I already received a notice with images of what the mock-up looks like.

    I am going to order a small batch and donate it to the booster, to see if these socks sell themselves, as they said.  Judging by the parents, everyone wanted at least one pair for their kid, so that sounds good.  The website suggests selling for $5 more than the cost of each pair, around $10.  The profit margin seems to be around that for the baseball hats, which cost $25 to make and embroider, and we are currently selling them for $30.






No comments:

Post a Comment