Friday, July 1, 2022

6/30/22 Finally Hit A Vacation Week?

     It might be possible that we go too hard in this house.  We both work year-round, none of that time off like teachers have during the summer.  I'm normally fine with it, until I have to go out at a different time than I usually do, and I see all these people just seemingly enjoying life with no look of work or worry on their minds.  Adding to our busyness, Baby A has been keeping as busy as us all summer, with his weight training in the morning, followed by wrestling practice, and then those 7v7 scrimmages, it was all getting to be a bit much.  I have to say thankfully, we ended the month with rain chances, which as a side effect, cancelled the 7v7 scrimmages, so that took a little load off, and then we hit Thursday, which ended the week for Wife and me.

    I have been looking forward to this week off for a while now, so to make the most of it, I went in to work early yesterday, knowing that there was plenty for me to do.  I dropped off Mijo at school, then headed in to work at 9:15am, or so.  I quickly got to work, and thought I would have until noon, when Mijo normally gets out.  He texted at 11:00 that they had finished early, I think the coaches were ready to get going too.  Just like us, the athletes will be off all next week, so it seems fitting to take some time off together and have a mini vacation.  We will be out of town for a few days, it has been more than year since we last went to Corpus Christi, I am a little excited, mostly just to be getting out of our normal routine.

    I then had to go back to work for a few more hours, worried that with the mid-day deliveries from Fedex and others, we would get something that could not wait, workwise, prompting me to stay longer than I planned.  Luckily, there was only one pressing job, but it was a simple and quick one, it added maybe 20 minutes to my day, no big deal.  I finished everything I was doing by 5:30pm, then headed home.  Wife was out at her normal time of 4:30pm.  She got home by 6:30pm, which allowed us to go out and have a nice dinner.  I really can't over how nice it is to have her back in town, having these nice dinners in the middle of the week seems like a treat, between me being on night shift for nearly twenty years, then her working out of town for 5 years, I think it has only added to our relationship not feeling like we have always done the same old thing.

    I don't really know what happened when we got home.  I took a shower, went upstairs, and I guess I fell asleep almost instantly because I don't even remember talking with Wife.  Let the rest begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment