Tuesday, July 19, 2022

7/19/22 Hate Working Out, But I Don't Think I Have A Choice?

     I hate working out, honestly, I would prefer to just sit on my ass all day, drinking coffee and eating sweets, but I can feel that isn't good for me.  Much like taking medicine by force, for my own good, I make myself go and workout, even if I would rather lie around like the fatass I am.  Honestly, I don't know why I try to ignore it, my body feels like shit when I stop working out, and still, I will use any excuse to avoid working out and once I have stopped for a couple weeks, it makes it that much harder to get going.

    Not only have I felt myself getting fatter and fatter, but I notice I have been getting the shortness of breath, even just getting into the car.  My joints feel like they hurt when I am motionless for a while.  I sleep restlessly a lot of the time.  There are so many reasons to hate being inactive, and still, it seems I prefer being a lazy shithead.  The last straw was this past week, I hurt my shoulder just reaching for the little bottles I use at work doing hardly anything, weighing these tiny bottles in the acid hood.  I then almost on the same day, sprained my ankle and was hobbling around over the weekend.  I decided these were signs that my body was getting too weak to be useful.  I've been telling Mijo that I need to get back to working out, but it just seems like such a hassle, especially when I see how much weight he is lifting as he is lazy and leaves the weights all over our weightroom when he goes in there.  He just told me "Just start somewhere!"

    That seemed to work, as he might have said it at the right time for me.  I got up early Saturday and did my routine of working my chest and arms, it was good.  I then woke super early Sunday and worked out my shoulders and I even managed to do some squats, which I have never been a fan of.  I think the squats could be good for strengthening my lower back, knees and legs, if I can keep it up.

   The key for me is to do this early in the day, before Wife and Mijo get up on the weekends, and while I am alone during the day during the week.  I also need to accept some days there won't be time for exercising and that is alright, as long as it isn't because I don't want to.  Today will be my 4th day in a row, so I am on my way.  I went to Academy and bought me a couple new resistant bands this weekend, to help keep me motivated, now I feel I have to use them, so hopefully, I can keep it going.

    By the way, I do feel better after I have been lifting weights for a couple weeks. My joints do seem to get stronger, and I don't hobble as much and when I start adding walking to my routine, I even stop huffing and puffing so much just getting around, so there are so many reasons to keep going, they just all have a hard time beating laziness sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment