Wednesday, July 27, 2022

7/27/22 Schlitterbahn Fun?

     Mijo is starting his senior year strong, doing things I did not know were in his wheelhouse.  Today, Wednesday, out of nowhere became the day they had to go to Schlitterbahn for the afternoon.  I thought it was weird, he was talking about it Tuesday evening, but did not want Wife to order him tickets online.  He said there was a chance he would not go after all.  I really thought it made no sense, he went to practice at 9:00am until noon.  I went and picked him up, figuring we were going to go eat and then I would go about the rest of my day.  Suddenly, when I picked him up, he said I needed to take him straight to his friend's house, they were already waiting for him.  I asked him if he had money on him, he said no.  I did not have any because I am constantly spending my cash on him, or just giving it to him outright.

    I also brought up that he didn't have a towel, a change of clothes, or anything.  He said, "Fine, take me home real quick."  He then proceeded to ask me to get him the tickets on my phone.  I looked at him and said, "uh, I'm driving, but you can do it."  He then said never mind.  According to Wife, the tickets were like $20 cheaper if they were bought online.  He said he would just pay at the gate, to forget about it.  When we got home, I told him you run and get your stuff, I will go to the kitchen and get you the phone protector I bought you.  I went to Academy after I dropped him off at practice to get something to protect his phone, in case he did go to the waterpark.  He actually told me no, I was too slow, and then he ran off into the house and came back out about as fast as I have ever seen him move.

    By the time he called his friend that we were headed that way, his buddy told him "Hurry, we are leaving in 7 minutes.  That was a lot of pressure and when we got there, they were already backed up and waiting on the street.  Once he got off, I was off the hook, I headed home.

    It is roughly 7:30pm and I am waiting for Wife to call that he is in the car.  She swung by the water park to pick them up.  We were talking around 6:00pm that she was headed that way.  I saw them texting in our group chat, but I still don't understand why it has taken so long.  The park is only about 45 minutes from our house, they should already be home.  We are supposed to meet at Zaxby's in Buda to go eat dinner, maybe they forgot about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment