Monday, July 11, 2022

7/11/22 California Pizza Kitchen?

     After getting back from vacation, Wife was talking with Boy, and he suggested we get together for lunch on Saturday.  This works for us since we aren't doing much and as far as I understand his girlfriend has to work the weekends, so he is free to hang out with us for a few hours.  We met at The Domain and this time I wanted something a little simpler than his fancy steakhouse, and I suggested California Pizza Kitchen.  We met at the Domain around 12:30pm, went to Ben Bridge to drop off one of his watches to get a new battery in it.  It is the watch we gave him for his high school graduation, I was so new to the hobby of watches that I didn't even know this was a battery-operated watch.

    After looking at some other watches, I am almost done paying for the last one I got and so I might get another one soon enough, we left and went to go eat.  The meal was good, we were sat on a large table, so we had plenty of space, and it was nice catching up with our other boy.  His conversations are different in that he is still trying to find a better paying job and is constantly applying and trying to get interviews.  He had a good interview with a promising company, so we will see how that goes in time.  He then also told us how it is going at his current job and what he and his girlfriend have been up to.

    We left after a couple hours, and we were going to head home, but since we were up north, we came down MOPAC and stopped at a couple of other jewelry stores to look at other watches.  I find myself comparing everything to an Omega I hadn't paid attention to before, but Wife said the orange on the bezel contrasted with the white dial made it look like a Longhorn watch and I can't unsee that.  I think this is the watch I am going to want to get next.  I had thought I wanted a Panerai next, but they have gotten some bad PR in the news about not using their own in-house movements, and that makes me nervous that I might buy some fake or something.  For the amount of money these watches cost, we should be getting what we assume is inside, not some cheaper knockoff.

    Either way, it was fun to get out of the house and do the day a little differently for a change.  We then came home, and I went back to my routine and took a nap.  It was a fine weekend and I think overall my week off was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment