Sunday, July 4, 2021

7/5/21 Celebrating Painfully Well?

     4th of July has come and gone and I think we did about as well as most families can manage here in the South.  We kind of waited and thought there might be bad weather with the chances of rain at 50%, but they never came.  What did come was the heat and humidity, right on course.  It was weirdly calm in the early morning, around 9:30am.  My mom had already been outside with the people that she rented the water slide from.  I thought it was fair, they bring it out, set it up and then they pick it up at the end of the day, for $150.  I walked out with my mom to check it out once it had been set up and thought it might be a weird cool day, but I was wrong.  The kids, including our stuffy Baby A, spent most of the day in the water, I don't know how he is still awake right now (around 11:35pm, when he was out in the sun all day).

    We went out to set up and get the grills going around 1:00pm and it was a pretty hot day by that point.  I never looked at a thermostat, but it had to be around 100 degrees.  At least my parents have an open area with a roof to gather outside, it is the parking area for their RV and it is nice and open.  Because it is not next to the house, it has a chance to get a breeze going and it didn't seem that bad, but it was still hot.  I was keeping an eye on the meat on the two grills we set up and it is always hotter next to the grills.  I took the heat, but once we ate and most everybody hit that lull, I came inside.  I got the urge to poop, which I then showered after and was pretty much done.  My brother called me though and asked me of I wanted to go get fireworks, then he wanted me to drive, probably because he had a couple too many beers.

    I could not believe how expensive things have gotten in the fireworks game.  I hardly bought the minimum and it still came out to $140.  My brother bought one giant package of the loud exploding cannon types and that was $160 by itself.  My other brother bought some fireworks too and even my sister coughed up some money, which Baby A took and he got fireworks for them.

    By the time we got back, I didn't want to be outside anymore, but Wife came inside and kind of forced me to come inside.  I had pooped and took a shower, so why would I want to keep sweating anymore?  But there I was, whether I liked it or not, sitting outside at 9:15pm, watching my son and his cousins doing what boys do.  They went through those fireworks quickly and I was glad to call it an end to the night.  I had to take another shower to get the humidity of my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment