Wednesday, July 14, 2021

7/14/21 Stupid Air Conditioner Problems?

     I know in the big picture this is not a serious problem because the unit is under warranty, but it is still freaking annoying to have to deal with it.  Last night, I was at work, all was fine when I left the house, as usual, I am at work focused on working efficiently to get done and go home as quickly as possible.  Wife texted me about 7:30pm, she had just gotten home and managed to go upstairs, it could have been a little earlier, I wasn't paying attention to the time.  Anyways, she wanted to let me know that the air conditioner upstairs was not working, it was warm and the screen on the thermostat had an air handler error.  Uh, okay, is about all I can say.  I know it wasn't her fault and I am a dick for reacting how I do, but I am at work, I don't want to hear about stuff I can't do anything about, specially when I had left 2-3 hours earlier and everything seemed fine.  I took a shower upstairs, I was there, it must have broken as I was leaving.

    I finished as quickly as I could, Wife had already told me she was going to bed around 915pm, so I got home and tried not to bother her but it was like a sauna upstairs.  It is a really weird feeling, it's not the first time the upstairs unit gives out, well this one is new, but when it happens, downstairs feels like normal, nice and cool, but as you walk up the stairs it's like walking into a cloud of steam and humidity.  I looked at the A/C unit in the closet, I don't know what the parts are called, I flipped a breaker that seemed to be off, but nothing.  I then got the idea to at least make Wife comfortable and break out the portable A/C we bought for emergencies, shit, already paying off.  It is really heavier than it should be, but I got Baby A to carry it upstairs for me, I mean why should I struggle?  It took me longer than I care to admit to put the vent together, it is accordion style with end pieces that mate to the A/C and the window shield.  The end pieces and accordion tube would not stay connected, it took me a good 30-40 minutes of messing with it.

    Once I turned it on, it immediately made an improvement, I like this little unit.  I stepped out to read the instructions, to make sure it was okay to leave on overnight, I wanted light from the hallway, and within five minutes, I walked back in and the room was already more or less cool.  I told the two knuckleheads they could either sleep in the room with Wife, we have a twin mattress we move around when company comes or they could go sleep downstairs on the sofa or on the bed.  Boy stayed in his room, I can't imagine how, but Baby A did eventually come down and he slept on the sofa.

    Fox said they would come on Thursday, as long as the unit kept running, they told Wife.  If it stopped to call them and they would try to get here earlier.  I called them at 8:00am today and right now, at noon, I am waiting for them to come sometime between now and 6:00pm.  Like I said, units are new, I don't expect this is going to cost me, and they just did a PM last week, so this just seems wrong, but I guess it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment