Wednesday, July 21, 2021

7/21/21 Not All Heroes Wear Capes, Indeed?

     I swore I was smelling a little funk in the house, but I couldn't figure out from where.  My first reaction is to always take the trash out when I smell a funk and we did eat chicken thighs last night which Baby A made and so the packaging would be in the trash, but it didn't quite smell that way.  I then went to lighting some candles and sprayed the rooms with a generic Lysol container Wife had laying around.  Maybe it helped a bit in the kitchen but I could still kind of smell it in the rest of the house.

    I took Mijo to his practice and when I came back it definitely still smelled and since I was washing clothes I thought the smell might be the washroom itself, it does have a little musty smell, but it shouldn't be permeating the house and it always has that faint smell, Baby A showers too many times a day and there are always a couple of wet towels on the floor but it wasn't that smell.  I was fixing to go exploring the bathrooms, maybe Boy's bathroom was backed up and since I never go in there, I wouldn't notice it right away.  Before going upstairs, I decided to wash the few dishes on the counter and I noticed the water didn't go down right.  I attempted to run the disposal and it made a silent whirring sound, so I thought it must be blocked and not turning, so I got a wrench and went to force it over to turn but it turned smoothly.  I figured I'd run some hot water and clean it out anyway and then I noticed the water wasn't draining and coming up the other side, where we stack the washed dishes, which gave me a gross feeling if this has been happening and we hadn't noticed.

    I didn't want to but I looked at Youtube real quick and without opening a video, one of them had the headline, most of the drain problems are right here and it showed the U joint.  I didn't want to go unscrewing things because before you know it, stuff falls out of whack and then it becomes a whole "go to Home Depot situation", but I turned the locks and opened it and was a little surprised to find it full of egg shells.  Mijo has been experimenting in the kitchen and he has been making stuff like the cauliflower salad, but I guess we didn't tell him not to send all the shells down the drain.  It was an easy fix and I just have to tell him not to do it, so problem fixed, but it just goes to show.  There is always something creeping up to keep you on your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment