Saturday, July 31, 2021

7/30/21 Blue Haven Pools?

     I don't know what we will ultimately do as far as our backyard.  If money was no object I would have already dug up our old pool and accessories, thrown it all away and started from scratch, but things aren't that easy.  We went and talked to a fiberglass pool company last week and they pretty much told us they could remove what we have and install a new pool and hot tub with around 400sq feet of concrete living space for around $85,000.  Since the number is so high, we figured we would go and ask how much a gunite (concrete) pool would cost.  We had gone a couple years ago to Cody pools and back then they quoted over $80,000 for a midsized pool, so I wouldn't want to know what their prices are nowadays.

    Blue Haven is another big pool name I have known exists for a few years, so I feel confidant going to them.  We were met by a sales lady and we sat and talked to her for about an hour or so.  She said they could get a pool in our yard for $60,000.  I said I wanted a hot tub, it extends the swimming season and she was confidant a decent pool around 30 feet long with a hot tub would be around $80,000.  We told her about the mess in our yard and she said they could remove it but it might be cheaper for us to hire outside contractors to save money.  I figure with this added in, we are somewhere shy of $100,000.

    I don't like the fact that either way we go, we are going to spend a minimum of $85,000, it seems like.  I am not even sure which pool is better, but like I told Wife, the pools you find in hotels and stuff are all gunite, shit the one we swam in Corpus at the old Koronado Hotel is still there 40 years later, so I know a good concrete pool will last a lifetime if cared for properly.  I think if we ever sold the house, it would be better if it was gunite, but I am not sure.  I liked the ease of fiberglass care when it was in good shape.

    The real benefit of a gunite pool is we could have whatever shape we wanted, like I don't want a super deep pool, maybe just from 4ft to 5ft in depth, something we can hang out in and play volleyball, Baby A said it would be fun to have a diving area, so maybe we could add a 90 degree turn and have a part of the pool that was deeper and still keep the volleyball square.  I also want a ledge, which is a shallow area, around a foot in depth, which seems to be a new thing in pools to sit on some beach chairs partially submerged in water.

    I don't know, if we could just patch our leaking mess of a pool, we would save ourselves a lot of money, so there is that to consider as well.  I sent out some emails to some pool repair companies but they haven't been quick to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment