Monday, July 26, 2021

7/26/21 Feeling Like An Apartment Sup?

     I hate dealing with small ticky tacky BS issues but if I don't then who?  We are having to call Fox to look at our upstairs air conditioner now for the 3rd time.  The first time was a PM, preventive maintenance check, which now seems to have started my problems, but I don't know how.  I had them come a second time because the little screen actually gave an alarm so they came and although it was not related, it turned out to be water was backed up in the drain line which was triggering an inline float to turn system off.  This was then connected to main circuit board at the wrong input place, which sounds like a big problem, but it seemed like that guy knew what he was doing.  I think because it is now actually getting really hot outside, we are finally noticing that the A/C upstairs is not getting the job done.  I used my thermal gun and pointed it to one of the air returns in the kitchen and the temperature of the air is about 50.  When I do the same to the return upstairs, the air coming out is barely 70.  It takes it most of the night it seems to get the upstairs to a decent 73.  This afternoon the temperature upstairs was 78 and the humidity rises above 65% even though the unit has a humidity control and I have set it to 50%.  Anyways, third time's the charm, right?

    We also got a bit of sticker shock Friday when we went to price the idea of a new fiberglass pool which seem to be everywhere in New Braunfels.  We found a place willing to work in Austin, others had said no because Austin is a pain in the ass in regards to permits, but the price for a decent but small pool with no hot tub is around $70,000.  Their bigger pool with a built in hot tub would be around $85,000.  This price does include them removing our mess of a backyard and we would then have a brand new yard to work with.  This prompted me to call some places to get a quote or two to find out how much it would cost us to get some professionals to come and fix our leaking pool, and maybe even resurface the pool to make it look new again.

    I feel like I am spending more and more time taking care of all sorts of issues with the house.  I went and bought new lights for the front lights, I also had to get some of that expanding foam because there were some holes over by the A/C units that were just a little loo big for comfort.  Today, I was online sending one of the pool repair places pics of my pool and then spent about 20 minutes on the phone to get Fox scheduled to come look at the A/C unit.  If it's not one thing, it is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment