Saturday, July 31, 2021

7/29/21 Busy Thursday?

     I hate days that just kick the crap out of you, but we knew this was going to be one of those days.  Baby A originally had a team meeting at school with the coaches to discuss progress over the summer and to fill us in on the expected goals for the rest of the summer, August going into the start of school.  There was also going to be a big reveal and Baby A had been going on talking about what he wanted to do to "show off" his introduction.  The meeting was scheduled for 6:00pm but he had to be there at 4:00pm.  I do still have a job that I must show up for and I did think of taking the day off but another coworker had already taken the week off and yet another coworker was going to be off on Friday, so I didn't want to pile on and demand another day off since I was just off the week of 4th of July.

    My hope was to go in to work early and tackle anything hot (due in the next day) which is how we have been operating since Covid started.  I was planning this since Monday and I figured if I stayed and did more Monday through Wednesday, maybe in Thursday there wouldn't be much to worry about.  For the most part we have a week to get jobs done once they are submitted but a few special customers ALWAYS request 24 hour turnaround which means they pay more so our management likes that.  It looked good in the morning but by the time I showed up there were five brand new jobs all due by Friday, this pissed me off because it is too much.  The only good thing is three of the jobs were by one customer and they did not arrive in the afternoon Fedex shipment, so they are not my problem.  I managed to do one of the jobs between 11:30am and 2:30pm but the other one could not even start prep until around 4:00pm because the prep tool was busy.

    I left work before 3:00pm, came home, took Baby A to school before 4:00pm, came home, waited until 5:45pm, then left.  Wife didn't arrive until 6:45pm or so but we were there the best we could.  The meeting went on until almost 8:00pm, the uniform introduction was a blast, the boys all got a chance to show off a little bit.  Afterwards, we went and ate at Culver's, then I went straight to work and Wife took Baby A and some friends home.  I was at work until 11:30pm or so, then went home.  It was a long but fun day, I wish I could have taken the day off, but all in all, I know Mijo had a good time and we were both there to watch him do his thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment