Friday, July 2, 2021

7/2/21 Missing Michael Jackson, For A Second?

     I know he had his flaws, but Michael Jackson could sing.  I was driving Baby A to football practice this morning and Michael Jackson's "Black and White" came on.  It was a pretty powerful song which hit number 1 in 1991 and was there for 7 weeks.  Everybody knows the song, if you listen to pop music and I got carried away raising the volume.  I kind of thought about it for second and just casually said "we need Michael Jackson today, songs like this can bring people together..." I was also thinking of "We Are The World" which he cowrote and again was a world phenomenon in 1985.  The message of "it don't matter of you're black or white" would go a long way if it could help diffuse the racial tensions created by these idiot people on the left.

    Baby A just also casually threw it back to me "wasn't he a pedo?"  "Ugh, why is your generation like that?" was all I could muster.  Y'all just look at the faults of a person no matter the contributions they left behind.  Maybe he was a monster, but the parents of those kids that kept dropping off their children at his house, after hearing allegations have some responsibility to bear.  Do you think I would willingly go drop off my kid at some 40 year old man's house and leave?  That is deranged thinking.

    Jesus himself said "let him who is without sin cast the first stone".  I mean I don't believe in all this lord stuff, but I do like the message, none of us are perfect and we all do stuff that we aren't always proud of, but that is part of life, somehow we keep going.  Hopefully, in the big picture, we accomplish more good than bad and we don't go intentionally hurting people.  I don't know if he did what he was accused of, he certainly was eccentric, but if anything, Michael Jackson left a lot for us to enjoy going forward.

    His music career started in 1964, with his brothers, and lasted four decades.  He passed away in 2009, but his vocals are still being used as recently as 2018 for chart topping music.  He donated millions through his Heal The World Foundation, and was a world recognized celebrity who frequently lent his image to help those in need.  I am not saying this excuses whatever happened behind closed doors, but the man made a life of giving and he should also be remembered for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment