Saturday, July 3, 2021

7/3/21 Leaving My Sanctuary?

     Leaving our house is something that seems strange nowadays, after Covid19.  There was a time we would vacation or visit family or just go out of town for a conference with Wife, but all that changed in 2020.  We are trying to get back to normal now in 2021, even with the new Covid variant being mentioned every 5 minutes to try and scare us back into conformity and the safety of our homes.  This is the third or fourth time we have been out of our house this year, the other times being for the small Spring Break trip we did to Corpus Christi, the state wrestling meet in Houston and the back to back funerals we had here in Crystal City a couple months ago.

    To tell the truth, I don't feel as comfortable being out of my house, I like my house, everything I need for comfort is there.  We have a private bathroom, first of all that is always accessible to me, when I need it.  We keep out house stocked with food we eat, and what we do seems normal.  I do like visiting my folks, but there is only one bathroom in the house and it can be hectic at times.  We still have a bed in the guest room that Wife used to sleep in before, but it is a Queen sized bed and although we fit, it is a little snug.  Not that it has been a big deal, but it appears there is a constant battle with the temperature here at my parent's house.  My dad is an old fart and is always cold, so he wants the ceiling fans turned down and the temperature set to a warmer setting.  My brother, who I believe may be going through a form of manopause (little joke there) is always hot and will walk in the house lowering the thermostat and increasing the speed of the ceiling fan to make it cooler.  I don't care wither way, if it seems cool, I can put on my warm-ups, if it feels warm, I can drop down to my underwear and muscle shirt, but they need to decide one setting.

    On our way down, we stopped in Lytle and bought some meat for the BBQ tomorrow, we got a few pounds of fajitas, some beef strips, chicken, and sausages.  It is a small portion of the meat that will be grilled, but at least I can feel like we contributed.  I thought it would be fun to buy some water balloons as my mom told me she had rented a giant water slide so the kids could get wet and have a good time.  My brother also set up his big pool and I just went and looked at it at night (Saturday night, this is a day late) and it is about 3/4 full, so it should be just right for Sunday afternoon.

    The only thing missing that I can think of is Boy, who had to stay because he is on call for work.  They alternate who has the 24 hour hotline phone and a customer can call and request something leading him to have to go to work, but other wise I guess everything looks like it will be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment