Thursday, August 6, 2020

8/6/20 Bought Another Year Of Washes For The Telluride?

    In preparing Wife for another year of work in La Pryor, we have to take some furniture down there.  I understand my folk's hesitation to have Wife come into the house, specially with my dad being kind of weak, shit, he hasn't gone anywhere in months and still came down with shingles last week.  After looking and even considering buying an RV or a mobile home, we got lucky yet again.  The RV would have been fun for later usage, but the RV campgrounds are going for near $400 a month, plus the cost of the RV and paying over $700 a month does not sound satisfactory.
    It turns out a cousin of hers has a house with an empty room which is somehow attached to the house, but still kind of separate.  The only thing is there is no furniture, so we have to at least get a bed down there.  She has a bed at my mom's house, but of course, to my mom we are crawling with the Covid-19.  Lucky for us, I don't really like throwing away stuff, and last year we bought Boy a new mattress when Sweetie moved in, suddenly his mattress was too hard or something.  That boy weighs 100 pounds, after 5 years of use, it sti$30ll looked fairly new to me.  We kept it and it was being used as the headboard in DD's room downstairs.  His love life may miss having something soft to smash against, but that is his problem.  I told Wife we just need a box spring and a frame to get it off the ground.
    My first thought was to rent a U-haul truck, but those cost like $300, a trailer to tow only costs $20.  I thought we can tow it in the Excursion, but then I thought the Telluride is just sitting there not being used anymore.  I went out to look at the hitch situation and noticed it was just dirty and the inside was just as bad.  Even though it was 8:00am, the sun was already beating down and I just wasn't going to rally and wash it myself.  I remembered the H2O Wash place and looked it up.  The prices I don't think had changed since I took my truck I had in 2015.  I asked the receptionist who looked at me with doe eyes like she didn't understand anything I said.  She went and got a dude and he came all cool like "you wanted to talk to me?"  I said "not really, unless you're in charge."  There used to be a big titty lady running the place, she was fun to talk to, not this Vato.  I showed him the website and after double checking it was his store and this year, he said ok, how about we make it $550 (the online thing was $552.40 plus tax, I guess, so Cool Beans).
    I paid for the year, got my little contract thing and card and parked the car in line.  They used to have three rows of cars getting washed and dried but I guess because of Covid-19, there is only one line.  It took about 20-30 minutes and out it came on the other side.  They even clean the inside and wipe the glass and vacuum the inside.  With this deal and Wife driving the Ecosport daily, I can go wash her baby anytime so it is clean and ready to party on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment