Monday, March 9, 2020

3/9/20 Are You Trying To Piss Me Off?

    Boy has been unemployed now for about a month.  I know this is not easy on him, but it isn't easy on us either.  We try to give him advice and he seems to chuckle at us with some condescending bull that his successful friends know a thing or two more than us because they do programming or coding or whatever his job will be.  At first I could be insulted by this and a lesser person might even think the best course here is to be the mama/papa bird and peck him the fuck out of my nest if he is not going to be a bird of my feather and flock together.  I just keep telling myself this is my idiot child and he has always worked hard and tried his best, he is just in a hard place right now, so I must be even bigger than him and offer the other cheek as he slaps me disrespectfully as I keep a roof over his head.
    Luckily, he had managed to save himself a few thousand bucks, so at this moment I am not supporting some of the stupid activities he is doing, but I am giving him a roof over his head, which he accounts as $0, I am paying for his SUV, at $457, which he keeps trying to sell to me somehow.  I am also paying his gas credit card at another $120-170 a month and of course his car insurance.  All parents do this, so why should I think I am doing anything special (he seems to give off), plus on top of this, he had Sweetie move in.  This doesn't bother me at all and it bothers me a ton.  When they decided this, he was sort of threatening us that he was going to move out with her.  We said no, not until you have a degree you can lean on, but he was on his way with a full time job paying him somewhere close to what we make, so we ok'd the move.  He is still being dense and saying the degree is not the end all be all which just makes me shake my head as he sits there unemployed.  His coworkers jumped from his company to others most likely because they were degree'd, not that he is capable of listening to this line of logic.
    What bothers me about Sweetie moving in, is that they are now a team, but I can't treat them like a team, unless he feels like including her.  I can't tell her anything, she is not my daughter, but I get to have her living under my roof and I must be respectful.  Its like getting all the responsibilities of another kid, but none of the joys of saying look at my new baby boy/girl.  Sorry, but if I get a bee in my bonnet, I should have a right to say "you are an idiot and you are an idiot and you are an idiot..." but no, now everyone is an individual and everyone has feelings, blechh.
    The pisser here is that both "idiots" are always cold, I mean most of the time we might have windows open to let the cool breeze in during the cooler months, they are running a heater in his room, fine, I can respect that, if they are cold, make yourselves warmer.  Friday, I see a freaking window A/C unit on his window as Javalina and I are outside like assholes cutting the grass.  He stayed inside, he was going to clean the room where he has decided to make the mess that is not in his room, yet he never makes progress.  I need to know what prompted this A/C and he says "sometimes it is hot in our room."  We have lived here since 2007 and NEVER had I heard him complain, but now it is so hot he has to get additional machines to cool his room.  Never mind it makes our house look "white trashy" from the greenbelt with a stupid unit hanging out his window akin to those balls guys were hanging off the back of pickup trucks a few years ago..
    This is probably me just being pissy because I am trying to help him by not charging him rent, wanting him to focus on classes, when he is down to taking one class this semester, that asshole company was going to pay him to work full time and he was going to work his last few classes around his work schedule.  Now he has no job, dropped one of his classes, so just goes to class once a week.  If he was showing restraint I would be fine, but then the little shit brings home an A/C for his room like he is fixing to start paying the light bill?  What the fuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment