Sunday, March 15, 2020

3/15/20 Wow, 5 Minutes Of TV Was Too Much?

    Wow, has regular TV programming turned to shit in a hurry.  I don't even like to turn it on unless I am watching something specific.  Wife, because she is an old dinosaur who can't work differently still needs the murmur of the television in the background.  I prefer to watch anything on YouTube, to me that is part of the real world.
    The world and reality are not even supported in regular programming.  Wife had the TV on the Big Bang Theory, which I do like, but some stuff is ridiculous.  In the episode Howard has gotten a used 3D printer and made lifelike replicas of himself and Bernadette (his way too hot wife) which she likes and is oohing and awing until he says he bought a 3D printer for $2500 each with Raj.  She starts talking to him like he is a child who used his mama's credit card to get the printer.  He is a full grown adult man who in reality (the show's reality) has a decent job as a researcher at Caltech (which is equivalent to MIT) and has been in space, yet the woman knows better.  Who gives a shit if he blows a little steam and goes full nerd and buys a 3D printer?  It's just more of this agenda programming where a man couldn't possibly get through life without a woman putting him in his place, constantly.  Then the stupid episode goes to commercial and its some piece of shit movie advertising where Tiffany Hadish (I do like her, but come on) is telling his son that he needs to introduce his woman as a "Queen" to everyone.  Of course, next scene he is doing just that, but it's a white girl, so she didn't mean that (black girl can't be saying that a white girl is a queen, we should just know that, which dopey Tracey Morgan enters the scene and calls the white girl a snow bunny or some other racist shit).  The entitlement here is bordering on some serious stupid shit.  Nobody is a queen, unless you actually run some shit, like a CEO.
    The next day Wife proves to me, inadvertently, she wasn't even paying attention to the crap coming out of the TV, but that didn't mean it wasn't worth arguing about.  My point is simple, I like it quiet or maybe some music of my choosing when I have to go to work.  I don't want to get thoughts I don't need in my head, such as the above.  Wife says I shouldn't take everything so seriously and she wasn't even listening to the TV, it was just on.  That is the problem, I do take things seriously, specially when I have just 5-10 minutes to relax before I have to get moving to my next thing before I go to work.  Then she will say that I wasn't doing anything important on my laptop, but I had paid our bills in the morning, so I was double checking that I hadn't made any mistakes, I was also answering back a couple of questions to the guys handling our refinancing, so I don't know where I was being wasteful of my time.  Anyways, there went my wasted effort of playing some George Strait while we drove to look for supplies for the Armageddon that we are facing down the barrel thanks to this stupid virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment