Friday, March 6, 2020

3/6/20 Short Week Of Work?

    I usually love a short work week, it is the reason I stay on my twelve hour shift, that gives me the short week every other week.  This one though did not seem restful, for some reason.  I think we have just been barely treating the house like our house and more like a hotel room.  There was almost no counter space as of last night in the kitchen.  The boys constantly suck at the very minimal amount of chores that they have.  When I say minimal, I mean I expect Boy at 25 years of age, to take out the trashcans to the street on Sunday night and back behind the fence on Monday, sometime before bedtime.  I also expect Javalina to take out the trash to the trashcans once or twice a week and then help clean out on the weekends when we throw away all the extra crap in the fridge that didn't get eaten.
    I slept until I had to go pick up Javalina at 6:00pm, on our way home, he talked me into eating at Whataburger, he didn't want the spaghetti I had planned on making.  We got home before 7:00pm and I wanted to go lay down in the guest room downstairs, it's where we have been hanging out the last few weeks.  He beat me to the bed, so I sat on the loveseat and we kind of watched the Office for awhile.  He woke me around 8:50pm, I guess that burger just knocked me out.  At this point, I drank a Starbucks Frappuccino and I don't know if this helped but then I wasn't drowsy or sleepy until after 4:00am.  At 9:00pm, Javalina was interested in the spaghetti, so I made it.  We were eating right around 10:00pm, which is late, but oh well.  At this point, I started to unclutter the kitchen, and wash some loads.  It took until almost 2:00am, but I got the kitchen mostly cleared up, finishing the table this morning.  A lot of it is just mail, we have had a lot of it, mostly junk from companies interested in helping us refinance.
    I even managed to iron about half of Javalina's shirts last night while I watched some HGTV, knowing I have to do it weekly, I felt like I did more than half last night.  As I sit here writing this, at least the kitchen looks clean and normal.  I have to get Javalina and Boy to cut the grass this weekend.  They have been avoiding it and getting away with it because Javalina had track meets the last two weekends.  I am going to send Boy out there today to do the back.  When Javalina gets here in the afternoon, he can do the front.  We are one week away from Spring Break and the last thing I want to do then is house work like that.  If we get it done this week, next week, we can focus on something else.
    At this point (9:30am, Friday), I am just going to go and nap.  I have to take both boys to the dentist at 2:00pm, so that will be my afternoon.  I can still sleep for another 3.5-4 hours before I have to leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment