Saturday, March 14, 2020

3/14/20 Track And Field Meet On A Thursday? (2 of 2)

    A couple of the throwers on Javalina's teams have been getting friendly with us, mostly because parents suck and don't show up to support their kids.  One of them has been his buddy since he started playing football in 7th grade.  We often give this kid a ride home, he seems nice, but our boy insists on keeping them at arms length.  He tells us not to do what we do and invite them to the house or to eat with us.  It seems weird, but oh well.  Awhile back, he said he was joking around with one of the girls on track and he managed to piss her off.  Javalina said something like "oh shit, she's gonna kill me."  One of these new boys said "that's alright, Your dad would take me as a replacement son, we have a connection."  I just take this kind of stuff as the boys we meet always like us because we get involved and show them attention and I did end up feeding them after the 2nd track meet.
    I thought that was a cool sidenote.  But back to the discus event which was the only thing Javalina got to participate on.  There were a ton of boys throwing, so many they cut the groups into two.  Javalina and one of his buddies was in the first group and right next to each other.  Our son is finally improving.  He didn't even want to throw the discus, he just did it because there was an open spot last year.  He says that as he spends more time doing it, he feels like he is getting it more.  From a standing position, he threw a decent 75ft.  He had four throws and after getting the good spot, he decided to try the full spin motion and I noticed right away that the boy has two left feet.  He seemed clumsy, threw about 20feet and almost fell over.  From playing music, I know I have rhythm, but Wife has never had it.  I think this is what makes her hate dancing.  The same thing happened on his last throw, he was almost tripping as he spun the two times.  I think a good start would be spinning in place and keeping perspective of where you are at.
    But these are things for him to work on.  He outthrew his buddy, which was the first time he did that, so I like the slow gains he is having.  We pretty much left after he threw and the 2nd group of kids was starting.  I felt bad that we didn't stay for his other friend, but it was already after 1:00pm and I am at work right now writing this (just after midnight), so I needed to go home and sleep as much as possible.  Of course, getting home, I still needed to do some paperwork for the refinance stuff, but I got in bed around 2:00pm.  My body, especially my legs just ached and shook.  I got up to work at 7;30pm.  I am just going thru the motions and doing the absolute minimum tonight.  I start my Spring Break in the morning (Friday), so I am not trying to be a hero right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment